[Michlib-l] Summer Intern - Youth Services opening

Kelli Perkins kperkins at herrickdl.org
Mon Apr 25 12:46:25 EDT 2016

Youth Services Intern
(Part-Time 16 hours/week - 12 week summer position)
$10.00/hour (no benefits)

Herrick District Library has an opening for a Summer Intern in our Youth Services Department at our downtown location.   Herrick is a class VI library located in Holland, Michigan.  We serve 4 municipalities and circulate over 1.4 million items annually.  The Youth Services Department serves children and teens from age 0-18.

Primary duties will be organizing teen volunteers, designing displays for the teen department, covering the teen desk and providing reader's advisory for teens, assisting with ongoing library tasks and programs during summer reading and other tasks as assigned.  Preference will be given to current Library Science students, recent Library Science graduates, Education students or individuals in a related field.

Work schedule will be 16 hours per week (subject to change):

                                Monday             10:00am - 4:00pm
                                Tuesday             10:00am - 3:00pm
                                Thursday           1:00pm - 6:00pm
                                Every other Saturday 9:00am - 6:00pm

Interested and qualified applicants should submit resumes or applications no later than:

4:00pm on Monday, May 2, 2016

Email:                   jobs at herrickdl.org<mailto:jobs at herrickdl.org>

Mail to:                Director
Herrick District Library