[Michlib-l] Teresa Irish, A Thousand Letters Home program

Suzanne Krueger Suzanne.Krueger at monroe.lib.mi.us
Wed Apr 27 15:22:13 EDT 2016

I'd like to highly recommend Teresa Irish's A Thousand letters Home program.

Teresa Irish presented her “Thousand Letters Home” program at Ida Branch Library on March 28th, 2016. As so many reviewers have already stated Teresa Irish is a highly skillful and engaging storyteller. The audience at my library was spellbound.  I couldn’t believe how a group of more than 60 people could be so quiet they listened with rapt attention to Teresa. You could hear a pin drop! She is one of the most engaging speakers I’ve had the pleasure of hosting at my library and hearing for myself. Teresa has a beautiful singing voice and serenaded us a cappella with war era songs from Waltz Time and Hit Parade. So many from the audience sang along too! I found her story to be both informative and uplifting. She recognizes and honors attendees who are serving or have served in the American armed forces. You can’t help but feel good after hearing Teresa speak!

Her website describes her event far better than I am able. http://www.athousandlettershome.com
“A unique, engaging and most memorable program!
In her accompanying presentation of “The Journey of the Letters,” Teresa takes audiences on an inspirational and life-affirming journey. Her skillful, entertaining, and captivating storytelling blends humor and history to leave audiences laughing, crying, reminiscing and reflective. Teresa has been featured at over 200 venues and has appeared on ABC News, NPR, Veterans’ Radio, Frontlines of Freedom, Military Author Radio, and the nationally syndicated National Defense radio show. A heartfelt tribute to America’s history, freedoms, and family values, as well as a call to citizenship in today’s world, Teresa’s presentation reaches across generations with a little something for everyone. This is for the children, grandchildren, and future descendants of all veterans. This is for all Americans…Lest we forget.”

Suzanne H. Krueger
Ida Community Librarian<http://monroe.lib.mi.us/ida-branch-library>

Monroe County Library System

3016 Lewis Ave., Box 56