[Michlib-l] Michigan Activity Pass: Halfway There!

Jim Flury jflury at tln.lib.mi.us
Thu Aug 18 09:32:19 EDT 2016

All,

I am pleased to share with you that, a week shy of three months into this new MAP season (we went live May 24), you have now circulated half as many MAP passes as was the case for the previous twelve months (May 24, 2015 through May 23, 2016) combined. The number of hits to the MAP website for the first three months of 2016-2017 stands at a bit over 220,000. And our social media coordinator reports that the MAP Facebook page has now garnered in excess of 3,500 likes.

This is all great news! Give yourselves a pat on the back, or a round of applause, or eat a handful of pistachios (that's what I would do) to celebrate.

Going forward, let's keep it going! Although the start of school may be looming on the horizon (indeed, school started yesterday in the district where we live, which meant we could hear an even lighter pin dropping in our so quiet you can hear a pin drop neighborhood), most still have time to squeeze in a couple more weeks of family fun before the work begins. So keep that MAP promotion going!

One operational piece of information. Emily Lake State Forest Campground http://www.michigandnr.com/parksandtrails/Details.aspx?id=639&type=SFCG is closed until further notice on account damage from recent storms that hit the area. Emily Lake State Forest Campground is located about halfway between Ontonogan and Baraga, just south of Twin Lakes State Park https://www.google.com/maps/place/Emily+Lake/@46.7262121,-89.1749654,8.92z/data=!4m5!3m4!1s0x4d57288a5cb14dcb:0xf5d84d1de0a18e2b!8m2!3d46.8589348!4d-88.8541832 We have made note of the closure on the More Info tab for this venue on the MAP website. We will update the MAP website when the storm damage has been repaired and Emily Lake State Forest Campground re-opens for campers.

Thank you for your support and promotion of the Michigan Activity Pass program.

Sincerely,

Jim Flury

Jim Flury
Technical Services Manager