[Michlib-l] Announcing the release of the 7th edition Historic Michigan Travel Guide

HSM Main hsm at hsmichigan.org
Fri Aug 19 13:36:37 EDT 2016

Michigan's history is closer than it appears.with the new 7th Edition
Historic Michigan Travel Guide

Chock-full of photos and featuring 525 museums, historic sites, and
historical attractions, the Historic Michigan Travel Guide is a must-have
for anyone who wants to explore the rich cultural and heritage resources
Michigan has to offer.

<http://www.hsmichigan.org/publications/travelguide/travel-guide-order-form/

The new 7th edition offers photos of the sites if they were provided; a
brand-new category: historic inns; QR codes, which connect you to
information on the Internet via smart phones and other devices; a redesigned
layout that makes it easier to navigate through the pages to find what you
are looking for; and a back-cover introduction by Tim Allen, the voice of
Pure Michigan!

Plus, members of the Historical Society of Michigan receive a discount of
33% off the retail price! That comes to just $5.95 for members (regular
price is $8.95) plus tax and shipping.
<http://www.hsmichigan.org/publications/travelguide/travel-guide-order-form/
> Order your Historic Michigan Travel Guide today!

Whether you're riding the waves on the Great Lakes, cruising down one of the
state's many scenic routes, or stopping to discover an area's local culture
and history, Michigan's heritage beckons to be explored. People love to
experience Michigan because every place you visit you discover something new
about our state's diverse history. And the Historic Michigan Travel Guide is
the perfect companion on those excursions-it helps you find all those
intriguing locations you never knew existed.

Sponsored by

  _____

  _____

The Historical Society of Michigan is our state's oldest cultural
organization, founded in 1828 by territorial governor Lewis Cass and
explorer Henry Schoolcraft. A nongovernmental nonprofit, the Society focuses
on publications, conferences, education, awards and recognition programming,
and support for local history organizations to preserve and promote
Michigan's rich history.

  _____

For more information on the Historical Society of Michigan, please visit
<http://www.hsmichigan.org/> www.hsmichigan.org or e-mail us at
<mailto:hsm at hsmichigan.org> hsm at hsmichigan.org.

  _____

The Historical Society of Michigan

5815 Executive Dr. . Lansing, MI 48911

Phone: (517) 324-1828 . FAX: (517) 324-4370

This e-mail is sent to our members and friends to keep you updated on
historical activities and opportunities to learn more about our state's
history. To opt-out, please respond to this e-mail with "remove" in the
subject line.