[Michlib-l] Teen Video Challenge: "Build a Better World"

Lancaster, Catherine (MDE) LancasterC5 at michigan.gov
Mon Dec 5 16:24:27 EST 2016

The 2017 Teen Video Challenge is accepting submissions! I am attaching the entry form & details for Michigan, which is also available online at www.mi.gov/summerreading<http://www.mi.gov/summerreading>.  The winning teens' home library will receive a $50.00 certificate from Demco.  Videos will be judged by the Youth Services Advisory Committee and entries are due to me no later than January 31st.  If a teen submits a completed form to you, please scan & email me a copy or you can send it by snail-mail to me at: P.O. Box 30007, Lansing, MI 48909.   Additional details are also available at www.cslpreads.org<http://www.cslpreads.org>.

Please provide entry forms to your teens & engage with them on their entries.  These videos also make great PSA's for Summer Reading in your community.

Note about Age Limits and CREATOR vs PARTICIPANT: Due to terms of service agreements and age limits set with sites such as YouTube, all video CREATORS must be between the ages of 13 and 18. A video CREATOR is a teen that helped develop the concept, script, sound effects, filming, and so forth - and is whose name is therefore listed on the Member State Winning Video Submission form. Anyone under the age of 13 OR over the age of 18 is allowed to be a PARTICIPANT in the video as a cast member or film assistant operating at the direction of a teen film CREATOR. PARTICIPANTS are not eligible for recognition from CSLP. Libraries and/or states wishing to reward PARTICIPANTS who are outside of the contest eligibility are welcome to do so any manner that they see fit. For example, a library with a winning video may wish to offer a certificate and free book to teen group members age 11 or 12 who assisted with the video but cannot be listed as a CREATOR of the video. The same can be said of young adult volunteers or library staff/parents who appear as a cast member in the video.

Let me know if you have any questions,

Cathy Lancaster

Youth Services Coordinator
Statewide Library Services