[Michlib-l] Article on School and Public Library Collaborations

White, Shannon (MDE) WhiteS29 at michigan.gov
Thu Dec 15 09:30:33 EST 2016

This article was recently highlighted in the American Library Association's ALA Direct newsletter.  I thought some of you may find it helpful. There are ideas from a recent conference panel that outline some descriptions of partnerships that the California library community is thinking about.

You can read the full article online here: http://knowledgequest.aasl.org/beginning-library-partnership-conversation/

The Beginning of a Library Partnership Conversation

BY KATE MACMILLAN

School and public library partnerships were the buzzwords at last month's California Library Association conference in Sacramento. A packed room of librarians gathered to discuss and debate the pros and cons of school and public library partnerships. There was a panel of five presenters that included a representative/librarian from the California Department of Education, a County Office of Education librarian, a teacher librarian, a public librarian, and a district librarian. During the session the panel encouraged everyone to talk about what is working, what's not, what needs to happen to move forward, and how we can work together to make it happen. Once the audience understood that they were part of this conversation, they quickly shared ideas, dreams, and concerns.
Find out more about the partnerhips ideas in the full article - http://knowledgequest.aasl.org/beginning-library-partnership-conversation/

Shannon White
Director of Statewide Library Services
Library of Michigan