[Michlib-l] Labeling Graphic Novels

Kathie Brown Kathie.Brown at farmlib.org
Tue Dec 20 10:53:27 EST 2016

We have renamed ours Adult Graphic Collection, YA Graphic Collection and Children's Graphic Collection.  They were initially named Graphic Novels but there are non-fiction as well as fiction items in the collections.  There is a separate spine label which says Graphic Collection on each item along with the regular spine label by Dewey number or Author's last name. We have not interfiled the titles but have shelved each group separately in their particular department.

Kathie Brown
Coordinator of Automation Services and Volunteers
Farmington Community Library
Farmington Branch / Farmington Hills Main
248.848.4316
248.553.3228 Fax
kathie.brown at farmlib.org<mailto:kathie.brown at farmlib.org>

"If you have a garden and a library, you have everything you need."
**Marcus Tuillius Cicero**