[Michlib-l] Oaths for Library Board Members

natalie bazan hopkinslibrary at hotmail.com
Tue Dec 27 13:48:56 EST 2016

Hi Everyone,

I have a question about library board members and oaths. We have a library board member for our township library who objects to the township forcing library board members to take an oath to uphold the constitution. Does anyone know if library board members are required by Michigan law to take an oath to serve as an elected board member?

Thanks,

Natalie Bazan MA, MLIS
Library Director
Hopkins District Library                       Dorr Township Library
118 E. Main St.                                     1804 Sunset Dr
Hopkins, MI 49328                              Dorr, MI 49323
269-793-7516                                      616-681-9678
http://hopkins.llcoop.org                  http://dorrlibrary.michlibrary.org
http://sharing.michlibrary.org