[Michlib-l] OCI Yearbook Program

Lise Mitchell gladldirector at gmail.com
Sat Feb 6 14:04:50 EST 2016

Hi,

We used OCI for yearbook conversion.  The process took a little while, but
we shipped them (they paid for the shipping) 20 yearbooks and they did a
great job.  We got back our yearbooks no worse for wear and they sent us
DVDs of the yearbooks.  We are using Sanilac Computer's Digitotes
<https://www.digitaltotes.com/Default.aspx> and had them convert the images
to searchable pdfs.  The end result is on our website
<http://69.16.249.150/~grandlev/local-history/>.

I would definitely recommend both OCI and Sanilac Computers.  I am getting
ready to ship another 20 years of yearbooks.

The yearbooks were gone for about 2 months -- but I did send 20 years.
Time wasn't an issue for us because our historical society has a complete
yearbook set in addition to ours.

If you have more questions, please feel free to email or call me.

thanks, lise

On Tue, Jan 19, 2016 at 12:31 PM, Perri Saunders <
p.saunders at woodlands.lib.mi.us> wrote:

> If you have used this company/program, I'd be interested in hearing from
> you.
>
> Is it really free?
>
> How long do they have the yearbooks?
>
> Any other tidbits would be helpful.