[Michlib-l] Not your typical storytime...

Cathy Lancaster clancaster at tadl.org
Wed Feb 10 12:22:11 EST 2016

A sad statistic to share: approximately 1 in 10 children are sexually
abused before their 18th birthday.  In April of 2015, I was honored to
collaborate with the Traverse Bay Children's Advocacy Center to present a
storytime for child sexual awareness.  To put on this special program we
brought in storyteller Jenifer Strauss and musician Miriam Pico.  What came
out of the collaboration was so great that we all agreed this program needs
to be made available to libraries across Michigan.  Attached is the flyer
(details below, too) and I hope your library will consider booking this
very special storytime.  Notes on how to plan, promote and present this
program in your community are available upon inquiry.

*My Body Belongs to Me: *
Stories, songs, and movement empowering kids to be healthy, brave and
strong, &
speak up when something is wrong!

You are invited to join Storyteller, Jenifer Strauss and Singer/Songwriter,
Miriam Pico in a lively program for kids, families and caregivers with an
important message about prevention of child sexual abuse.

*Booking Contact*: *Jenifer Strauss*, Story Be Told: www.StoryBeTold.com,
jenifer at storybetold.com, 269.838.8361 or *Miriam Pico* Music:
www.miriampicomusic.com, miriampicomusic at gmail.com, 231.360.2898.

Thank you,