[Michlib-l] StoryWalk Question

Kathleen Alberga KAlberga at novilibrary.org
Thu Feb 25 09:40:53 EST 2016

Last summer the Novi Public Library did a modified version of a  Story Walk on our patio (story on the patio).  Each week for six weeks a different story was placed outside in the raised bed along the patio.  I laminated the pages of each book so that the story could be read walking both ways along the path.  I stapled the laminated sheets to simple wire lawn signs.
Check out a pic here<https://www.facebook.com/novipubliclibrary/photos/ms.c.eJwzNDA0NTaxNLcwNTE0szS1NNUzRIgYY4gYmmKImJkARQALDg6P.bps.a.10153497853764595.1073742041.61933544594/10153497854159595/?type=3&theater>.
We have a beautiful park adjacent to the library and I hope to be able to do an official Story Walk there in the future.  The wire lawn signs are not sturdy enough, however.  Story Walk frames are available to purchase but are pricey.
Check out Barking Dog Exhibits for examples.  www.bdexhibits.com<http://www.bdexhibits.com/>
Good luck and have fun with your Story Walk.

[Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: New Logo 1 inch rgb for web]Kathleen Alberga | Information Services Librarian
Novi Public Library |45255 West Ten Mile Road | Novi, MI  48375
Phone 248-869-7226
www.novilibrary.org<http://www.novilibrary.org/>
Inform. Inspire. Include.