[Michlib-l] Part-time Adult Services Librarian Posting for Hartland's Cromaine Library

Ceci Marlow cmarlow at cromaine.org
Wed Jan 20 17:17:47 EST 2016

*Cromaine is The Place to Connect to--*

*Learn *- technology, online education, new interest

*Enjoy* – discovery, enrichment, cultural and leisure activities

*People *– expertise, gatherings and groups, friends, legacy

As a new member of the TLN Shared Catalog, we are excited to offer the
resources of so many at the fingertips of our patrons. And, now, we will
also have more space! Construction to begin May 2016 with completion by May
2017! Exciting!  Increasing community engagement means keeping our staffing
up. We have a 20-hour Adult Services Librarian position available—in the
newly separated “just” Adult Services Department. Note, though, that all of
our Librarians are cross-trained. You may not do a story time, but you’ll
probably assist with desk coverage and some other programming (Quidditch
Tournament anyone?) We believe we are the place to connect—with warm and
friendly staff, the Web, and the community. If that’s your desire,
interest, and future vision, too, then we need you!

Cromaine District Library is located near the intersection of M-59 and
US-23—easy to get to from Detroit, Lansing, Ann Arbor, and Flint.
Cromaine-Village (built in 1927 and expanded in 1980) is the main library
with the largest collection and programming space, but we also offer a
popular collection and an increasing number of programs at the Crossroads
Branch, in a strip mall, established 2005.

Cromaine wins grants, including several National Endowment for the Arts’
The Big Read. Grants for technology in Youth, local business sponsorships
for an expanded summer concert series, exhibits from the Smithsonian and to
be a pilot for a national grant program—we are a place to connect to
culture, music, technology, makers, as well as reading in every format. We
are an OverDrive (TLN’s Download Destination) plus Advantage and hoopla
from Midwest Tape, library. Many of the grants support a very full event
calendar (check It out at www.cromaine.org/Programs and Events).

$17.20 per hour to start, 20 hours per week; includes some evenings and
weekends. MLA membership and national conference attendance (in rotation)
paid. After successful completion of the 90-day introductory period, an
increase to $17.95 is planned. Part-time positions at Cromaine have
prorated paid time off, plus holiday pay, paid birthday, and paid
bereavement leave as well as an opportunity to participate in AFLAC, but no
other paid benefits.

Share your love for new technologies and public service with a community
that loves its library and its library staff even more. Send your
application (available at www.cromaine.org--Cromaine News & Info--Forms),
resume and a cover letter to “Librarian” at Cromaine or e-mail (preferred
to be “green”) to brentola at cromaine.org by February 5, 2016—position
applications accepted until filled.

--
Cecilia Ann Marlow