[Michlib-l] Barcode Scanners

Brandon D. Richards brichards at hlpl.lib.mi.us
Thu Jan 21 11:17:01 EST 2016

We're in the market for some new barcode scanners for our circulation desk. Right now we currently have some handheld, single line scanners on a stand. We're looking to find something that's more omni-directional (IE: you don't have to perfectly orient the barcode to a single laser) and hopefully fairly compact and visually appealing. I was curious if anybody had any recommendations, as well as who they like to purchase their scanners through. Thanks!

Brandon Richards
Technology Coordinator/Trainer
Houghton Lake Public Library
4431 W. Houghton Lake Dr.