[Michlib-l] Barcode Scanners

Benjamin Sebrowski bsebrowski at commercetwp.com
Thu Jan 21 13:44:17 EST 2016

We use Datalogic Gryphon – Model GD4130-BK  barcode scanners at our staff
stations. The are able to scan barcodes on smartphones and are
omnidirectional.  They've worked great for us and other libraries in our
area. We bought them through The Library Network, but they are available
from any vendor that sells barcode scanners - google them.

Ben Sebrowski
Director of Technology
Charter Township of Commerce

2009 Township Drive

Commerce Township, MI  48390

Ph (248)960-7037

On Thu, Jan 21, 2016 at 1:33 PM, Kerry Fitzgerald <
kfitzgerald at loutitlibrary.org> wrote:

> We're also looking to replace our barcode scanners for models that can
> handle scanning barcodes from smartphones. Any suggestions regarding
> specific models?
>
> On Thu, Jan 21, 2016 at 11:17 AM, Brandon D. Richards <
> brichards at hlpl.lib.mi.us> wrote:
>
>> We're in the market for some new barcode scanners for our circulation
>> desk.  Right now we currently have some handheld, single line scanners on a
>> stand.  We're looking to find something that's more omni-directional (IE:
>> you don't have to perfectly orient the barcode to a single laser) and
>> hopefully fairly compact and visually appealing.  I was curious if anybody
>> had any recommendations,  as well as who they like to purchase their
>> scanners through.  Thanks!
>>
>> Brandon Richards
>> Technology Coordinator/Trainer
>> Houghton Lake Public Library
>> 4431 W. Houghton Lake Dr.
>> Houghton Lake, MI  48629
>> Phone:  989.366.9230

> --
> Kerry FitzGerald, Assistant Director
> Loutit District Library
> 407 Columbus Ave
> Grand Haven  MI  49417
> 616.842.5560 x233

The information contained in this electronic message is intended only for
the use of the designated recipient(s). If the reader of this message is not
the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any review, use,
dissemination, forwarding or copying of this message is strictly prohibited,
and we request that you delete the original message and all attachments.