[Michlib-l] Rural Libraries Conference - Preliminary Details

White, Shannon (MDE) WhiteS29 at michigan.gov
Fri Jan 22 10:03:39 EST 2016

It is getting close to the time that we open registration for the Rural Libraries Conference. This year the event will be held on Mackinac Island at Grand Hotel. The conference begins on Wednesday, May 4 with an opening luncheon and concludes on Friday, May 6 after the closing luncheon.  We will feature exhibitors on Wednesday and Thursday.

Sessions are currently being scheduled and presenters will be notified over the next few days about proposals accepted. Once we do that we will open registration and lodging options for attendees.

Registration cost for the event is $89 per attendee and includes 5 meals at Grand Hotel, conference materials, and a round trip ferry ticket.  We will once again offer meal options directly with the hotel for guests of attendees. Lodging is the same price as in 2014, $129 per room accommodating up to four people.

We are excited to bring you this event again in 2016 and hope to see many from the library community return to the island. The conference will feature more than 60 sessions for all levels of library staff, managers, trustees and friends.

The conference is made possible by funding from the Library of Michigan Foundation and the Institute of Museum and Library Services.

Shannon
Shannon White
Library of Michigan
702 W. Kalamazoo