[Michlib-l] IFLA Genealogy & Local History Preconference

Allison Singleton asingleton at acpl.lib.in.us
Fri Jul 8 14:15:32 EDT 2016

Good afternoon.  I am with The Genealogy Center at the Allen County Public Library and we are hosting the IFLA Genealogy & Local History Preconference.  Would it be possible to have this information added to your listserv?

The Allen County Public Library is pleased to support an IFLA (International Federation of Library Associations) Genealogy & Local History Preconference on August 10 - 11, 2016 in Fort Wayne, Indiana. The preconference is free to attend.

This preconference will feature presentations and discussions on technologies and strategies for finding, saving and presenting (1) records, (2) family histories and (3) living memory in the twenty-first century as well as how these resources are made available worldwide. Come for the first day of interactive presentations and stay for the second day of unconference sessions and tours if your schedule permits.

International organizations will discuss their current efforts, technologies, and resources; state and regional organizations will demonstrate successful projects; and a second group of offerings will highlight the importance of story and interviewing techniques for preserving life stories. A theme woven through this preconference is recognizing and building virtual information networks to both preserve and present records, stories, and living memory.

Program details, registration, lodging information, and travel data, as well as a form for unconference session suggestions, can be found at the following URL.
http://genealogycenter.info/IFLAglh/

I have also attached a flyer for the Preconference.  Please let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks,
Allison DePrey Singleton | Librarian
The Genealogy Center<http://www.genealogycenter.org/> | Allen County Public Library
' 260.421.1225