[Michlib-l] Let's Talk

Lisa Waskin lisaw at uproc.lib.mi.us
Tue Jul 5 16:07:49 EDT 2016

Calling All Librarians ---

I would like to invite you to a special event sponsored by the Midwest
Collaborative for Library Services (MCLS).

They need input from libraries of all types, sizes, and geographic areas to
make this effort an authentic representation of Michigan libraries. Please
consider joining them and sharing your thoughts, challenges, and hopes for
the greater Michigan library community. You do not have to be an expert.
They want you to speak openly and candidly from your experience and point of
view.

The dates, times, and locations are listed below. All library staff are
welcome. To have a meaningful conversation, we will limit the number of
attendees at each session to 12. Because of this, we request that you
consider limiting the number of attendees from your library system.
Registration is free and on a "first come, first served" basis. A waiting
list will be kept. As in our first round, the meetings will be kept to 2
hours.

.             August 16, 2016 from 10am-12pm (Eastern) Peter White Library,
Marquette MI (Shiras Room), Marquette

.             August 17, 2016 from 10am-12pm (Eastern) Bayliss Library,
Sault St. Marie

.             August 23, 2016 from 10am-12pm (Eastern) Traverse Area
District Library Woodmere (main) branch, Traverse City

.             August 24, 2016 from 10am-12pm (Eastern) Fremont Area District
Library, Fremont

.             August 25, 2016 from 10am-12pm (Eastern) Presque Isle District
Library, Rogers City

Some of the topics we would like to discuss are:

.             The evolving role of libraries in our local communities

.             Measuring impact

.             Skills needed for the 21st century library

.             Mentoring new librarians and emerging leaders

.             The state of information literacy and critical thinking skills
of students/the reduction of librarians in our schools

Registration is now open. To register for one of these sessions, click here.
For questions, contact David Votta at vottad at mcls.org
<mailto:vottad at mcls.org>

Lisa Waskin, Director

Superior District Library