[Michlib-l] ALA Accepting Emerging Leaders Applications until August 1

natalie bazan hopkinslibrary at hotmail.com
Tue Jul 12 10:46:22 EDT 2016

Hi Everyone, If you are thinking that you can't afford to go or it wouldn't be worth it... I was one of the 2016 Emerging Leaders and it is worth the time and effort.  I met some wonderful people, presented before PLA's board with my group and was able to work on a project that actually makes a difference (reworking PLA's Professional Tools website).  Even if you don't take it any farther and get involved in committees or work groups, you will have been networked with people from all over the country, worked on projects that matter to our profession and learned from some of the leaders in our field.
The application is free, its quick to fill out and if you don't apply then you can't be chosen.  Good luck! If you have any questions about the program, feel free to email me!

Natalie Bazan MA, MLIS
Library Director
Hopkins District Library                       Dorr Township Library
118 E. Main St.                                     1804 Sunset Dr
Hopkins, MI 49328                              Dorr, MI 49323
269-793-7516                                      616-681-9678
http://hopkins.llcoop.org                  http://dorrlibrary.michlibrary.org
http://sharing.michlibrary.org