[Michlib-l] Still time to register for Assigning Library of Congress call numbers: basic

Jan Davidson davidsonj at mcls.org
Tue Jul 12 13:31:07 EDT 2016

Please feel free to share. Thank you!

There's still time to register! On Tues, Wed and Thurs, Aug 2 - 4, 1:30 - 3:30 pm EST, MCLS will be offering our online workshop, Assigning Library of Congress call numbers: basic.
This workshop will teach users how Library of Congress call numbers are created. You will learn what the different LC designations are. You will learn what cutters are and how to assign them using the cutter table. Users will assign call numbers to items.

This workshop has been approved for 6 General Library Education Units (LEUs) for Indiana staff; this workshop is also part of our Cataloging certificate curriculum.

>>Register<http://mcls.org/training-events/training-events-list/training-event/?ref_cID=198&bID=0&dd_asId=5132>

Please direct any questions to training at mcls.org<mailto:training at mcls.org>.

Jan Davidson
Administrative Assistant, Member Engagement
Midwest Collaborative for Library Services
1407 Rensen St., Suite 1,  Lansing, MI 48910-3657
Phone: 517-492-3811 ext. 111
Fax: 517-492-3812
davidsonj at mcls.org<mailto:davidsonj at mcls.org>
http://www.mcls.org<http://www.mcls.org/>