[Michlib-l] FW: Bilingual Library Programs for Spanish-Speaking Children and Families

Lancaster, Catherine (MDE) LancasterC5 at michigan.gov
Tue Jul 12 16:11:50 EDT 2016

Be sure to check out this online resource guide on bilingual library programs for families, including early literacy resources, just click the link below.
Thanks,
Cathy Lancaster

Youth Services Coordinator
Library of Michigan
517-335-8129
517-373-5700 f
LancasterC5 at michigan.gov<mailto:LancasterC5 at michigan.gov>

Colleagues,

Through Google Analytics, we found that the bilingual programs in our Texas Reading Club manuals (2001-2012) are frequently accessed. This led to developing a web page of Resources for Bilingual Library Programs for Spanish-Speaking Children and Families at https://www.tsl.texas.gov/ldn/youthservices/Spanish, which includes indexes to 86  programs in those manuals plus many other programming resources.

The web page is still a work in progress and I hope you will let me know if you have suggestions for links to any additional resources. If the site will be helpful to librarians in your states, please feel free to share the link.

Best regards,

Christine McNew
Youth Services Consultant
Texas State Library and Archives Commission
PO Box 12927
Austin, TX 78711-2927
512-463-4856
512-936-2306 fax