[Michlib-l] ISO former NMU Library student workers

Warren, Leslie A lwarren at nmu.edu
Tue Jul 12 17:38:56 EDT 2016

I'm trying to track down people who worked for Olson Library as students at Northern Michigan University. If you or someone you know was a library student employee at Olson Library, would you let me know, please?

    Name (and name when enrolled, if different)
    NMU Degree
    Graduation year
    Contact information

We'd like to find out how working in our library impacted our students so that we can tell our story to our community. We're also trying to build a contact list to share information and get feedback. We may even be able to host a library student employee reunion in the next year or so.

My quest has had interesting results so far. Two special surprises:
  - I met a woman who worked for our library from 1937-41. She was a student worker for our namesake, Lydia M. Olson.
  - I learned that a librarian I knew from my Chicago days was a student employee here when she was an undergraduate in the 1970s.

Thanks much,
Leslie

Leslie A. Warren
Dean, Academic Information Services