[Michlib-l] Library visits

Joann Crater justjoann_hudsonlibrary at yahoo.com
Thu Jul 14 15:36:41 EDT 2016

Hi!On the way home from the Rural Library Conference we (my staff that was rooked into helping the hospitality aspect of the conference) were chatting about how fun it was to see all the librarians/staff from the libraries that we "see" on MEL labels.  I had the crazy idea of challenging everyone statewide to keep track of the times you visit other libraries and at the next conference we could have a drawing for one of the fabulous gift baskets to give to you.  Well, that has fallen by the wayside for now....but I am trying to visit as many libraries as I can on any of my little jaunts that I take.  Today on my run up to Hastings quick, I beeped at Angela in Marshall, I was there recently... pulled up in front of Putnam but they were closed.....but awesome building...can't wait to go back and see how they have stuff in there.  Missed Hastings by going around the wrong block (still had the son with me so had to keep going!!). Coming home I went up to Lake Odessa and toured their fabulous building....and awesome island in the middle of the work area!!  Stopped in Sunfield but they were closed also.  Now my mind is twirling about office space, storage space and our hours.  So here... I challenge you to stretch a bit....stop and see a library you have never seen before.....and join me in my little Michigan Adventure!! :)Ha...we need passports....oh....don't get me started!!! lol Joann CraterDirectorHudson Carnegie District Library (zv170)205 S. Market St.Hudson MI 49247517-448-3801director at hudsoncdl.org