[Michlib-l] Cromaine District Library - Adult Services Librarian opening, deadline July 22.

Ceci Marlow cmarlow at cromaine.org
Sat Jul 16 11:52:55 EDT 2016

*Cromaine is The Place to Connect to--*

*Learn *- technology, online education, new interest

*Enjoy* – discovery, enrichment, cultural and leisure activities

*People *– expertise, gatherings and groups, friends, legacy

As a new member of the TLN Shared Catalog, we are excited to offer the
resources of so many at the fingertips of our patrons. And, now, we will
also have more space! Construction begins August 2016 with completion in
spring 2017! Exciting!  Increasing community engagement means keeping our
staffing up. We have a 20-hour Adult Services Librarian position available.
This has been our e-resources position, managing the many databases to
which we subscribe separately, as well as the Adult AV selector, including
Top Box Office DVDs in Demand (no holds), DVDs, audiobooks and e-books.   All
of our Librarians are cross-trained. You may not do a story time, but
you’ll probably assist with desk coverage in Youth and at Circulation as
well as some other programming (Quidditch Tournament anyone?) We believe we
are the place to connect—with warm and friendly staff, the Web, and the
community. If that’s your desire, interest, and future vision, too, then we
need you!

Cromaine District Library is located near the intersection of M-59 and
US-23—easy to get to from Detroit, Lansing, Ann Arbor, and Flint.
Cromaine-Village (built in 1927 and expanded in 1980) is the main library
with the largest collection and programming space, but we also offer a
popular collection and an increasing number of programs at the Crossroads
Branch, in a strip mall, established 2005, but closing in 2017 to
concentrate our resources, human and financial, in one location.

Cromaine wins grants, including several National Endowment for the Arts’
The Big Read. Grants for technology in Youth, local business sponsorships
for an expanded summer concert series, exhibits from the Smithsonian and to
be a pilot for a national grant program—we are a place to connect to
culture, music, technology, makers, as well as reading in every format. We
are an OverDrive (TLN’s Download Destination) plus Advantage and hoopla
from Midwest Tape, library. Many of the grants support a very full event
calendar (check It out at www.cromaine.org/Programs and Events).

And, MLS staff wage rates have been increased effective July 12: now $19.00
per hour to start, 20 hours per week; includes some evenings and weekends.
MLA membership and national conference attendance (in rotation) paid. After
successful completion of the 90-day introductory period, an increase to
$19.50 is planned. Part-time positions at Cromaine have prorated paid time
off, plus holiday pay, paid birthday, and paid bereavement leave as well as
an opportunity to participate in AFLAC, but no other paid benefits.

Share your love for new technologies and public service with a community
that loves its library and its library staff even more. Send your
application (available at www.cromaine.org--Cromaine News & Info--Forms),
resume and a cover letter to “Librarian” at Cromaine or e-mail (preferred
to be “green”) to brentola at cromaine.org by July 22, 2016—position
applications accepted until filled.

--
Cecilia Ann Marlow