[Michlib-l] Announcing Debut of Newly Redesigned Business Gateway in the Michigan eLibrary!!

Biggs, Deb Renee (MDE) BiggsD at michigan.gov
Mon Jul 18 17:17:07 EDT 2016

The Library of Michigan is pleased to announce that MeL's new Business Gateway, http://mel.org/business has debuted today.  The gateway has been totally redesigned to better assist librarians and business services consultants who work with business owners and entrepreneurs as well as those who want to start a business and work with the resources on their own and on their own time.  The new gateway incorporates a series of 4 videos in which librarians, business services consultants and actual entrepreneurs talk about how using MeL's business eResources helps them to Start. Grow. Support. Succeed.  MeL's subscription eResources-available at no cost to all Michigan residents-are showcased on the gateway homepage along with targeted websites, selected business support organizations, and a Twitter feed from business support organizations.  This makes for an excellent launch pad for contributing to economic development in your area.

We would like to take this opportunity to thank all of our "on screen talent" who appeared in the videos-librarians, business services consultants and actual entrepreneurs-all who have used MeL resources either themselves or in assisting entrepreneurs and business owners in their communities.  In fact, Nicolette Sosulski, Business Librarian at Portage District Library will be sending out an email to Michlib-l which I will forward to the other Listservs with links to live and recorded webinars and other supportive information for libraries.  Permanent links to tutorials for some of MeL's business eResources will also be in the How To section under "Helpful Links" on the gateway homepage.

Please share widely and as always, we welcome your feedback.

Best regards,
Deb

Deb Renee Biggs, MA AMLS
Michigan eLibrary & Outreach Coordinator
Library of Michigan/Michigan Dept. of Education
702 W. Kalamazoo St.
Lansing, MI  48909
Phone:  517-373-4466
Visit MeL at:  http://mel.org<http://mel.org/> and on Facebook at:  http://facebook.com/mel.org
Check out the curated content on the LM homepage including state and national CE offerings, LM events, stats reports, headlines from around the library world and intriguing snapshots of our varied collections at http://michigan.gov/libraryofmichigan