[Michlib-l] Committees

Joann Crater justjoann_hudsonlibrary at yahoo.com
Wed Jul 27 15:23:08 EDT 2016

Hi.Small library. 8 member appointed board. Once upon a time, my board had a personnel committee, finance committee and a building committee.At a workshop or something, a comment was made that a board this small should not have committees. So my board abolished all committees and nowappoints ad hoc. Committees were wonderful from my point of view. What experiences, yay or nay, have you had or do you have, with or withoutcommittees?   Joann CraterDirectorHudson Carnegie District Library (zv170)205 S. Market St.Hudson MI 49247517-448-3801director at hudsoncdl.org