[Michlib-l] Family Groupings in ILS

Margaret Bentley margaret.bentley at sdl.lib.mi.us
Mon Jun 6 10:09:32 EDT 2016

We will be moving to a new ILS later this summer.  The new system allows
us to set up family groupings so that staff can be notified
automatically if someone else in the family owes money or has overdue
materials.

  * Does anyone have a policy on how they are using a similar feature?
  * Do you have a form or release which you require the adults to sign
    in regard to the Michigan Privacy Act?
  *   Do you require problems to be resolved if spouses have agreed to
    release information to their husband/wife but have separate cards.

This is information we have not been able to keep in the past so any
help would be appreciated.
--

Margaret Bentley
Adult Services Librarian