[Michlib-l] Nominations now open for the 2016 I Love My Librarian Award

Steven K. Bowers sbowers at wayne.edu
Fri Jun 17 13:07:54 EDT 2016

Good morning,

The nomination period for the 2016 I Love My Librarian Award opens today and will run through Sept. 19, 2016.

[cid:image002.png at 01D1C88A.38F753B0]The award will recognize the service of 10 exceptional public, school, college, community college or university librarians who have transformed lives and communities through educational opportunities and lifelong learning.

Each winner will receive $5,000 and a $500 travel stipend to attend an award ceremony held in their honor at Carnegie Corporation of New York on Nov. 30, 2016.

An electronic nomination form is now available online atilovelibraries.org/ilovemylibrarian.

To aide libraries in promoting the award we have developed tools that librarians can use to encourage members of the public to nominate them or a colleague for this prestigious award.

Tools include:

·         I Love My Librarian logo

·         Printable flyer

·         Sample press release

·         Sample newsletter

·         Sample Tweets

·         Social media images for Facebook and Twitter

·         Hashtag: #ILoveMyLibrarian

Tools are available at ilovelibraries.org/ilovemylibrarian.

We will be putting out additional tools over the summer including an updated infographic of the winning librarians and a promotional video featuring tips on how to write an award-winning nomination.

Thank you for helping promote this wonderful award, and please contact me with any questions.

Best,

Megan

Megan McFarlane, MLIS

Campaign Coordinator