[Michlib-l] Hello fellow librarians

Adrianne Schinkai amschinkai at gmail.com
Wed Jun 22 12:35:09 EDT 2016

I had two hits when I did a couple of Google searches...

The first hit I got was an Oprah's Book Club novel, "Stolen Lives: Twenty
Years in a Desert Jail" by Malika Oufkir (on sale for $0.01 on Amazon if
anyone's interested).

The other one I found (and I think is the one you're looking for) is "The
Crescent" by Chris Merle. The synopsis mentions an escape from a Saudi
mental hospital, which might be confused for a prison, and talks of finding
desert diamonds during an escape. The cover is red and black, but features
a crescent moon rather than a diamond.

Good luck on the search and hope this helped!

On Wed, Jun 22, 2016 at 12:00 PM, Diane Willick <dwillick at ruthhughes.org>
wrote:

> I have a stumper.  Patron came in looking for a book and i have no ideas.
> She says that it is a black cover with a red diamond on the front. It is
> about a man that has been in prison and he escapes.  He crawled across the
> desert and on the way finds a bunch of diamonds.  They were all inherited
> by his family.  The story is told by one of his twin sisters. HELP!!  It
> does not ring any bells in my belfry. A fiction work.  Thank you.
>
> Diane Willick
> Ruth Hughes Memorial District Library
> dwillick at ruthhughes.org

*Adrianne M. Schinkai*