[Michlib-l] Bloomfield Township Public Library's Jen Taggart named an LJ Mover & Shaker 2016

Lance Werner LWerner at kdl.org
Wed Mar 16 15:43:35 EDT 2016

Congratulations Jen!!

Sent from my iPhone

On Mar 16, 2016, at 3:41 PM, Tera Moon <moontera at btpl.org<mailto:moontera at btpl.org>> wrote:

BLOOMFIELD TOWNSHIP PUBLIC LIBRARY
1099 LONE PINE ROAD
BLOOMFIELD TOWNSHIP, MI 48302

(248) 642-5800                       www.btpl.org<http://www.btpl.org/>

PRESS RELEASE

DATE:             March 16, 2016
FROM:            CommunityLinks at btpl.org<mailto:CommunityLinks at btpl.org>
RELEASE:      FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

BLOOMFIELD TOWNSHIP PUBLIC LIBRARY YOUTH LIBRARIAN RECEIVES NATIONAL RECOGNITION FOR SPECIAL NEEDS COLLECTION AND PROGRAMS

The Bloomfield Township Public Library is pleased to announce that one of our own librarians, Jen Taggart-Assistant Department Head of Youth Services-has been named one of Library Journal's Movers & Shakers of 2016.  Each year, Library Journal profiles selected library professionals who are moving the nation's libraries forward through innovation and creativity.

Jen's passion for making library service inclusive of all people of all abilities is the force behind the Library's Special Needs collection and programming.  The Library's Special Needs collection contains more than 2,200 items including interactive and tactile books, therapeutic games and toys, mixed media cards and kits, plus more. In addition to creating the Library's Special Needs collection, Jen has developed and inspired programs inclusive of people of all abilities.

Jen shares her knowledge by conducting workshops for library and education professionals across the state and country.  Jen is the coordinator of Adaptive Umbrella, a biennial, day-long workshop for librarians, teachers, parents, and other adults who work with children with special needs.  Jen has spoken at national conferences on this topic.

Because of what Jen has done, libraries are more welcoming, understanding, and inclusive.  We could not be more proud of her!  Congratulations, Jen!

For more information call the Library at (248) 642-5800 or visit our website at www.btpl.org<http://www.btpl.org>.  The Library is located at 1099 Lone Pine Road, (at Telegraph Road), Bloomfield Township, MI, 48302.