[Michlib-l] Conservation and Collection Care Camp 4, May 4

Driedger, Kevin (MDE) DriedgerK at michigan.gov
Wed Mar 23 15:15:58 EDT 2016

Hello All-  Registration is open for our next session of Conservation & Collections Care Camp!  Let me know if you plan to attend and if you would like to do a short presentation. I've pasted the details here and also attached them. Please share this with anyone who might be interested.  Thanks, and looking forward to seeing you in May! Dianna

Conservation and Collections Care Camp: Call for Participants and Presenters

The organizers of the Conservation and Collections Care Camp are pleased to announce that CCCC4 is set for May 4, 2016. It will be held at the University of Michigan Bentley Historical Library at 1150 Beal Avenue, Ann Arbor. Please spread the word!

The theme for this camp is Bringing the Past Into the Future. The agenda will consist of informal presentations and discussions by attendees about interesting projects or problems followed by a tour of the Bentley Library. The time is 10:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m. There is no cost for the camp but registration is required in order to attend. Lunch will be provided. Parking will be at metered lot NC5 (accepts cash or credit cards at a kiosk).  Parking map:   http://pts.umich.edu/maps/north_medical.pdf

If you have attended a C&C Care Camp before, you know that it is conducted in an informal environment designed for participants to share conservation-related accomplishments, ask colleagues about their experiences, and to give and get advice. The focus is primarily, though not exclusively, about "analog" materials: paper, photographs, film, art, etc. The Bentley now has a "teaching" podium that has a windows PC, with Powerpoint, Internet access, a wide-screen projector, etc. People can also plug in their Mac or PC laptops if they desire.

You can read about some previous camps on the woefully out of date "Michigan Collections Network" blog. https://michigancollectionsnetwork.wordpress.com/

Please plan to come and share your experiences and to learn from your peers. We want to hear about your projects!  Email Dianna Samuelson sdianna at umich.edu<mailto:sdianna at umich.edu>  with questions, to reserve a place on the agenda (15-30 minute time slots), and to register. Registration deadline: April 20, 2016.

Dianna Rae Samuelson
Conservator Intermediate

  Bentley Historical Library
  1150 Beal Avenue
  Ann Arbor, Michigan 48109-2113
  734-936-1347
  http://www.bentley.umich.edu/

^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v
Kevin Driedger
Librarian for Conservation and Digitization
Library of Michigan
P.O. Box 30007
702 W. Kalamazoo
Lansing, MI 48913
517-373-9440
driedgerk at michigan.gov<mailto:driedgerk at michigan.gov>
www.michigan.gov/libraryofmichigan<http://www.michigan.gov/libraryofmichigan>

Visit our March is Reading Month website<http://www.michigan.gov/mde/0,4615,7-140-28753_65803-376051--,00.html> for motivating examples and activities that encourage purposeful reading for all Michiganders.

[cid:image001.png at 01D169A3.73327F50]