[Michlib-l] text messages for court

Stacy Pasche spasche at benzieshoreslibrary.org
Tue Mar 29 11:32:44 EDT 2016

We occasionally get requests from patrons needing transcripts of text
messages for court. I know there are apps available that will do this, but
I wonder if a copy/pasted transcript can even be used in court. Seems like
it would be too easy to edit and not be very official. If I understood
correctly, transcripts can only be gotten from the phone company with a
court order.

Wondering if any library that gets this question/request frequently has a
standard response?

Thanks,

--
Stacy Pasche,
Assistant Library Director

*"Sometimes it's fun to do the impossible." -Walt Disney*