[Michlib-l] Minecraft gaming parties

Laura Orlowski camden at monroe.lib.mi.us
Tue Mar 29 16:58:57 EDT 2016

Hi all;

If you or someone on your staff has ever hosted a Minecraft gaming party, I
have a couple questions for you.  I am not a computer tech so this is all
new to me - my teen advisory has asked me to try to host one during summer
reading.

My library has a wireless broadband connection (about a T-1).  I have 8-10
public computers available for this event.  My biggest worry: Is this
enough bandwidth to support a Minecraft party?

Did your library set up a server to host the party? If not, how did you set
it up to make it a "private" group?

Any info you can share will be greatly appreciated!
Thanks,
-Laura Orlowski, director
Camden Twp. Library
camden at monroe.lib.mi.us