[Michlib-l] Job Posting: Outreach Services and Publicity Coordinator Position - Eaton Rapids, MI
amzichi at hotmail.com
Mon May 2 13:29:07 EDT 2016
Outreach Services and Publicity Coordinator
The Eaton Rapids Public Library (ERPL) is seeking an energetic and motivated individual to provide top-notch programming and library services to youth of all ages.
Position: Outreach Services and Publicity Coordinator
Under the supervision of the Library Director, typical duties may include, but are not limited to:
* Performing outreach to area schools, daycare providers and others to promote the Library
* Representing the ERPL at community events by distributing information and speaking about the Library
* Submitting press releases on programs to local media outlets
* Maintaining and updating the Library's social media sites
* Creating promotional flyers
* Planning, organizing and executing library programs and activities designed for children ages birth through grade 12, including the Summer Reading Program
* Delivering reference, information and reader's advisory services for library patrons of all ages
* Assisting patrons in use of computers and other library technology
* Requires a bachelor's degree
* Experience working with children and teens
* Excellent oral and written communication skills
* Strong commitment to public service excellence
* Self-motivated, creative, enthusiastic, flexible and dependable
* Proficient in using computers and the Internet
Hours: Part-time, 24-26 hours per week, including regularly scheduled evenings and weekends.
Salary/Benefits: Hourly wage starting at $15.50. Pro-rated paid time off and some paid holidays.
To Apply: Email cover letter, resume and writing sample (see below) to the Library Director, Anna Curtis, at acurtis at cityofeatonrapids.com<mailto:acurtis at cityofeatonrapids.com>. Applications received by 5:00pm Tuesday, May 31, 2016 will be given first consideration.
Writing Sample: In one paragraph, write a program description for a children's or teen program of your choice as it might appear on the Library's Facebook page or in the local paper.
The Eaton Rapids Public Library is an equal opportunity employer
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Michlib-l