[Michlib-l] Registration open for the 4T Virtual Conference on Data Literacy July 14 & 15

Jo Angela Oehrli jooehrli at umich.edu
Mon May 23 10:46:01 EDT 2016

Greetings!

I'm writing to invite you to the *4T Virtual Conference on Data Literacy
July 14 & 15*, a free, two-day online conference. This conference is part
of a project <http://dataliteracy.si.umich.edu/> to support librarians in
adding data literacy to instruction. We hope you can join us for 4TDL!

*Who is teaching?*
Members of our project team <http://datalit.sites.uofmhosting.net/our-team/>
will give webinars.

*What will 4TDL cover?*
We will cover a variety of topics in the sessions, from statistics basics
to best practices for data visualizations. Content will be geared toward
high school but is also appropriate for instruction to beginning
researchers at the college level.

*When is it?*
Thursday, July 14, and Friday, July 15

*Where do I register?*
Here are: information about the online conference
<http://datalit.sites.uofmhosting.net/conference/>, the schedule
<http://datalit.sites.uofmhosting.net/conference/schedule/>, registration
<http://datalit.sites.uofmhosting.net/conference/registration/>, and FAQ's
<http://datalit.sites.uofmhosting.net/conference/faqs/>.

Please feel free to spread the word to anyone who might be interested! A
gif for social media and PDF flyer are attached for sharing. Also, check
out our blog <http://datalit.sites.uofmhosting.net/blog-updates/> for
weekly posts about data literacy.

*Why this conference?*
If you are wondering how your students "read" and "write" with quantitative
data online, during research, or when reading informational text, this
conference is for you.  Want to gain skills in data literacy that will help
you empower your students' comprehension and creation skills? 4TDL will
provide information and resources to support you in teaching in these
areas.

Also, you can earn State Continuing Education Clock Hours.

Thank you! Feel free to email me with any questions.

Angie Oehrli

--
Jo Angela Oehrli
Learning Librarian