[Michlib-l] Fwd: Former South Lyon Mayor Honors the Two Who Saved His Life

Donna Olson dolson at ssldl.info
Fri Nov 4 12:15:09 EDT 2016

Hello
​Libraryland
!

​We recently hosted a book signing for our former mayor,
Tedd Wallace
​, who​
has a story with all the twists: near tragedy, rescue, grief, inspiration.
​He showed photos of the area while narrarating. You may remember when the
tragic event occurred during the Spring of 2015. The rest of the story is
truly amazing.​

You
​might want to host him at your library
.
​ ​I will be happy to share his contact information.

Author Talk: Tedd Wallace - My Boogie Board Ride to Denmark
[image: My Boogie Board Ride to Denmark (book cover)]
<http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=en&geocode=&q=9800+Pontiac+Trail,South+Lyon,MI,48178>

 *Hanging on to my boogie board the riptide swirled me around and
relentlessly smashed me against the rocks and sucked me below the surface.
I knew within minutes, I was going to die. Then came a god given moment of
elation, as I was snatched from the churning seas by a native of St. Croix
Virgin Island as he risked his life to reach down and pull me out....*

Listen to the WHMI interview
<http://whmi.com/files/mp3soundfiles/TeddWallace.mp3> for more info!

Links:
http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2015/03/06/tourist
-dies-saving-michigan-mayor-caribbean/24488197/

http://www.wxyz.com/news/region/oakland-county/interview-
south-lyon-mayor-ted-wallace-reflects-on-dutch-man-who-died-saving-his-life

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2985457/Tourist-dies
-rescuing-Michigan-mayor-tempestuous-waves-Virgin-Islands-
holiday-celebrate-50th-anniversary-kiss-wife.html

Donna Olson
Head of Adult Services
Salem-South Lyon District Library | 9800 Pontiac Trail, South Lyon, MI
48178
Phone: (248) 437-6431 - ext. 201 | Fax: (248) 437-6593
<%28248%29%20437-6593>
dolson at ssldl.info | http://www.ssldl.info