[Michlib-l] Overdrive items owned for state aid report

Shawn Andary sandary at uproc.lib.mi.us
Fri Nov 11 13:00:45 EST 2016

Hi Helen (and all),

I did get a response from Sarah Delano at OverDrive about that message in
the Purchased Titles report and I will share it with the list.  I didn't
realize that there is a total count of holdings in the upper corner of the
screen on the Title Usage report so I am glad that I asked, and most likely
I will use this report going forward to get the most accurate info.  Having
said that, it does sound like the Purchased Titles report still works
pretty well, but it won't provide the total count of licenses that some
libraries wanted.  I'm pasting Sarah's more detailed response to me below,
but I'm not sure if the embedded image will come through on the listserv.

*********************
Hi Shawn,

I believe this message is due to the fact that libraries were looking for
exact license counts which unfortunately are not in the Purchased Titles
report. I do admit that we have fine-tuned the Title Status and Usage
report when it comes to a more accurate number for the overall title count.
There is an easy way to use this report as well thankfully! When running
for the usual settings, instead of adding everything up as you may have
done previously, please look in the upper right hand corner of the report.
This will be your overall count number.

In this case, I ran for all time and got 7,393, which is the same number
you would get from running a blank advance search on the new site. When
running Purchased titles, the overall title count comes out to 7,354 which
is a bit lower, but still close! I am not sure why there is a 40 title
discrepancy, it may be due to the lending model type or a status in the
collection. We do have libraries that use both reports for what they need
and I will let our Marketplace Team know that you find the Purchased titles
report easier to use. I apologize for this confusion, but I am hoping I can
make it as easy as I can for finding what you need!

Please let me know if I can help with anything else today or answer any
other questions.

Thanks,

Sarah

Shawn Andary, ALS System Admin