[Michlib-l] pay phones in your library?

ConnieJo Ozinga cjozinga at commercelibrary.info
Tue Nov 15 12:51:27 EST 2016

My experience in previous job was that I didn't get to decide whether they
got removed, the local phone company did.  They left one in the branch in
our lowest income neighborhood because it made enough money. I had four
phones removed with no notice at all.  So good luck with that.    Connie

On Tue, Nov 15, 2016 at 10:43 AM, Jennifer Hassell <
Jennifer.Hassell at farmlib.org> wrote:

> How many libraries out there still have pay phones in their buildings?
>

> If you have gotten rid of them what has been the public response?
>

> If you still have them do you know how often they are used?  Do you pay a
> monthly usage fee to a phone company?  A private  maintenance company?
>

> Thanks!
>

> Jen Hassell
> Adult Services Librarian
> Farmington Community Library
> jennifer.hassell at farmlib.org
> 248-553-0300 ext 217
>
> “I see libraries and librarians as frontline soldiers in the war against
> illiteracy and the lack of imagination.” - Neil Gaiman

Connie Jo Ozinga
Library Director
Commerce Township Community Library
2869 N Pontiac Trail
Commerce, MI 48390
(248) 669-8108 x101
www.commercelibrary.info

Raising a reader is: Talking * Singing * Reading * Writing *  Playing

--
The information contained in this electronic message is intended only for
the use of the designated recipient(s). If the reader of this message is not