[Michlib-l] Cromaine Adult Services Manager/Department Head posting open

Ceci Marlow cmarlow at cromaine.org
Thu Nov 17 13:38:35 EST 2016

We continue to welcome applications for this full-time position until it
is filled. Applications received within the week are especially welcomed.

*/Hartland’s Cromaine Library – Connecting Culture and Community for 90
Years!/*

Nearly ninety years ago, we were given a mission by J. Robert Crouse,
founder of Cromaine and of the Hartland Area Project, a 1920s exercise
in social entrepreneurship. To this day, we continue the legacy of
bringing cultural enrichment to this mostly rural community through a
busy event calendar, a great collection, and an innovative, creative
staff that is people- and service-focused. If you understand that value
and believe you have skills and interests to further this mission, then
we need you! We have a full-time opening for an *Adult Services Manager
who will be responsible for managing the adult services staff of 2.5 FTE
as well as grant-writing and adult events. *

Cromaine District Library is located near the intersection of M-59 and
US-23—easy to get to from Detroit, Lansing, Ann Arbor, and Flint.
Cromaine-Village (built in 1927 and expanded in 1980) is the main
library and is being expanded to open summer 2017 with a grand public
opening as part of the September 2017 90^th Anniversary
Celebration.(Cromaine’s Crossroads Branch will close April 30, 2017.)

Cromaine wins grants, including National Endowment for the Arts’ The Big
Read—two in 2016! Grants for technology in Youth, local business
sponsorships for a summer concert series, exhibits from the Smithsonian
and the National Library of Medicine—we are a place to connect to
culture, music, technology, makers, as well as reading in every format.
We offer OverDrive (TLN’s Download Destination) plus Advantage, hoopla,
One-Click Digital, Mango Languages, and Zinio library. As of November
2015, we are one of the TLN Shared Catalog libraries as well as a MeLCat
participant, bringing materials from across the state to satisfy our
community’s interests.

$22.50 per hour to start, 40 hours per week; includes some evenings and
weekends. MLA membership and national conference attendance (in
rotation) paid. After successful completion of the 90-day introductory
period, an increase to $23.00 is planned. Paid benefits include
vacation, sick and business time; health, dental, optical insurances for
employee; life and disability insurances for employee, as well as a
health savings account; immediately vested retirement including the
library’s 10% contribution; and employee-paid AFLAC programs.

Share your love for new technologies and public service with a community
that loves its library and its library staff even more. Send your
application (available at www.cromaine.org--Cromaine News &
Info--Forms), resume and a cover letter to “Adult Services Manager” at
Cromaine or e-mail (preferred to be “green”) to brentola at cromaine.org
<mailto:brentola at cromaine.org> by November 21, 2016—*position
applications accepted until filled.*

--