[Michlib-l] Job Offer - Wayne RESA
WalkerB at resa.net
Wed Nov 23 11:40:53 EST 2016
Category: Central Office
Date Posted: 11/21/2016
Location: Wayne RESA Education Center
Date of Availability: TBD
Date Closing: 12/06/2016
* Library Consultant Job Description<http://www.applitrack.com/resa/onlineapp/1BrowseFile.aspx?id=273820>
Wayne RESA seeks a Library Consultant to provide library leadership by creating and sharing a vision for transforming traditional libraries into 21st century libraries that promote learning through collaboration, exploration, and effective use of technology and media resources.
The successful candidate will:
* Share and model best practices in library automation and library management systems for Wayne County districts.
* Provide professional development learning opportunities around:
o - information literacy skills focusing on ethical use of information (e.g., copyright/fair use).
o - database searching skills and effectively using electronic resources such as: Discovery Education Streaming, MeL databases, and OER.
o -connecting AASL 21st Century Standards with Michigan Curriculum Standards and ISTE standards.
* Collaborate with other Educational Services departments and how library resources can support department/district initiatives (e.g., DIP, SIP, curriculum integration, 21st century literacies, effectively using online databases for research and curriculum support, etc.).
* Lead the Library Media Leaders and the Destiny Users groups in using research and best practices to promote 21st century skills into teaching and learning.
* Maintain county-wide web-based Follett library automation system including, information technology department coordination, district consultation, training, ongoing support, and user's group meetings, negotiating with Follett Software Co., coordinating the billing/ payment process, and networking with other ISDs/RESAs to maximize efficiencies and learning opportunities around this work.
* Facilitate the Library Media Leaders council by coordinating regular professional development activities, business meetings, website and listserv for Wayne County librarians along with creating virtual training opportunities to ensure that learning opportunities are available to all clients in multiple formats. Build district capacity to effectively and efficiently run RESA supported library programs.
* Maintain Professional Development collection of materials and eBooks. Coordinate cataloging, classification, processing and inventory facilitation of instructional, professional and research media and resources for specialized collections, such as ELL.
* Maintain professional liaisons with the library community by staying active in local, state, and national professional organizations to remain current with recent trends and to contribute to the profession.
* Collaborate with the instructional technology team to coordinate professional development opportunities for internal staff and district library media/instructional technology leaders.
* Use professional judgment and act effectively to carry out the functions of this position within the direction provided by the RESA mission, goals, and objectives.
* Perform other duties as assigned.
* Master's degree in Library Sciences or equivalent required
* Michigan teacher certification preferred
* Minimum of five (5) years of experience in an educational library system with comprehensive cataloging and research services required
* Experience in understanding and implementing on-line library systems required
* Thorough knowledge of Integrated Library Management systems, computer applications related to library procedures and centralized library media cataloging, and data base searching required.
* Excellent communication, both oral and written, organizational, human relations, and interpersonal skills required.
* Demonstrated ability to integrate emerging forms of technology into professional activities and public presentations required.
* Demonstrated skill in budget and accounting management required.
* Demonstrated consultation, training, group facilitation and process skills required.
* Demonstrated verbal and written communication skills required.
Compensation: Current WCSSF 11-Month Salary Schedule - Grade M ($66,607 - $100,979 FY)
Application Process and Timeline: Internal and external applicants must complete and submit an online application at http://www.applitrack.com/resa/OnlineApp/default.aspx (Job ID #7791) by 3:00p.m., Tuesday, December 6, 2016 in order to be considered.
11/21/2016 WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Wayne County Schools Employment Network uses the applicant tracking<https://www.applitrack.com/?r=email> system from Frontline Education to manage employment applications online.
This email is intended only for the use of the addressee(s) named herein. It may contain legally privileged and confidential information. If you are not the intended recipient, or an authorized representative, consider this notification that any review, copying, or distribution of this email or attachments is prohibited. If this email was received in error, please immediately notify the sender by return email and delete the email. Thank you.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Michlib-l