[Michlib-l] Adult Programs African American History Month

Young, Marcia youngma at myjdl.com
Mon Nov 28 14:06:54 EST 2016

PBS has several good DVD's available for purchase, with performance rights. Check out the list and search "AV Item" for those with educational performance rights.

http://teacher.shop.pbs.org/home/index.jsp

We will be doing a four-week film series in February.

Soundtrack  for a Revolution.
Wednesday, Feb. 1, 2017 6:30 p.m.

Black America Since MLK: And Still I Rise.
Part 1-Wednesday, Feb. 8, 2017 6:30 p.m.
Part 2-Wednesday, Feb. 15, 2017 6:30 p.m.

Independent Lens: More Than a Month
Wednesday, Feb. 22, 2017 6:30 p.m.

I am part of a local ad hoc committee trying to coordinate community activities for the month. Other activities planned so far include a presentation by a local minister on the history of gospel music (with performances), and a community dinner. This might be a good opportunity to reach out to churches and other organizations to create a community-based celebration of unity.

Marcia Young
Outreach Services
Jackson District Library
244 W. Michigan Ave.