[Michlib-l] Register today for the MCLS Annual Meeting - November 18, 2016

Heather Ladiski ladiskih at mcls.org
Mon Oct 24 09:52:28 EDT 2016

Excuse duplicate postings. Please forward to anyone that you feel could benefit from this information!
*********************************

Register today for the MCLS Annual Meeting will be held on November 18, 2016.

The theme of this year's meeting will be Innovation in Libraries. Our morning keynote speaker will be Maxine Bleiweis of Maxine Bleiweis and Associates who will present on her experiences with innovation as director of the Westport Public Library in Connecticut. Our afternoon keynote speaker will be Barbara I. Dewey, Dean, University Libraries and Scholarly Communications at Penn State University who will present on new innovative projects happening at her university.

We will have a "state of libraries" presentation from Randy Riley, State Librarian of the Library of Michigan and Jake Speer, State Librarian of the Indiana State Library. A business meeting will be held during lunch and you will be able to participate in roundtable discussions with current MCLS board members.

This year, we will be simulcasting from three locations:

    Lansing Community College - West Campus, Lansing, Michigan
    Indiana Wesleyan University - North Campus, Indianapolis, Indiana
    Northern Michigan University - Olson Library, Marquette, Michigan

Agenda (all times below are listed in Eastern Time. Adjust accordingly to your time zone if needed)

9:30 am Registration

10:00 am Innovation in Public Libraries
Maxine Bleiweis, Maxine Bleiweis & Associates

11:15 am The State of Libraries in Michigan & Indiana
Jake Speer, Indiana State Librarian
Randy Riley, Michigan State Librarian

12:15 pm Lunch

12:45 pm Annual Membership Business Meeting

1:45 pm Libraries at the Intersection of Invention, Inspiration, and Innovation
Barbara I. Dewey, Dean of University Libraries and Scholarly Communications, Penn State University

3:00 pm Roundtable Discussions with MCLS board members

4:00 pm Adjourn

The cost to attend from any location is $75 for MCLS members and includes lunch.

To register, go to the MCLS annual meeting registration page<http://www.mcls.org/training-events/training-events-list/training-event/?ref_cID=198&bID=0&dd_asId=6109>. Contact me at the information below if you have any questions! - Heather

Heather M. Ladiski, CAP-OM
Executive Assistant
Midwest Collaborative for Library Services
1407 Rensen Street, Suite 1
Lansing, MI 48910-3657
800-530-9019 x133
Fax: 517-492-3885