[Michlib-l] 3m/Bibliotheca 877 C-Series and TLC

Eric Blum eblum at lincolnlib.org
Tue Apr 11 15:18:18 EDT 2017

Hello Everyone,

At our library, we have TLC for our ILS and an 877 C-Series automatic check-in by 3M/Bibliotheca. We have found that there are exceptions that prevent an item from being checked in. When we uncheck all the exceptions, all the items should be checked in. However, TLC does not seem to recognize whether or not these exceptions are applied. All items with holds, fines, long overdue, etc are not checked in. Basically an item must have a completely clear record to be checked in successfully. I have spoken with TLC and Bibliotheca. TLC has not been very accommodating and Bibliotheca seems to only have limited options.

Currently our solution has been to use the Digital Library Assistant to scan returned items in order to pick out the items not checked in. Has anybody had success getting TLC to do automatic check-in and what did you do to accomplish this? Thanks for your feedback!

Thanks,

Eric G Blum
Head of Cataloging/Technology
Lincoln Township Public Library