[Michlib-l] IT pin keeping you up at night?

Lance Werner LWerner at kdl.org
Tue Apr 18 15:16:44 EDT 2017

Greetings,

Once upon a time, not too long ago, I thought that KDL’s IT troubles were going to give me a coronary. Every day brought complaint after complaint from everyone. I heard from patrons, employees, volunteers, board members (essentially everyone you can imagine plus two). I felt like I was in a hole. Then something miraculous happened and KDL turned its IT services completely around, built a new team and found an incredible Director of IT, Kurt Stevens. I’m happy to say I don’t lose sleep anymore.

KDL recognizes that Michigan’s libraries are a close-knit community and what impacts one, impacts all and we want to do all we can to help ensure all members of Michigan’s library community are successful. As a means to that end, I have an offer for you.

Over the next two months, Kurt anticipates a lull in special projects.  We thought it would be great to make him available to a few libraries throughout May and June for anyone who would like some IT insights.  If you find yourself in a place where you have questions about IT security, disaster recover, systems being bogged down, considering making future purchases and would like a second set of eyes on your plan, etc., give Kurt Stevens a call. He can be contacted at kstevens at kdl.org<mailto:kstevens at kdl.org> and his number is (616) 293 - 7094.

I hope you enjoy your spring!

Kind regards,

Lance M. Werner, Director
Kent District Library