[Michlib-l] FOIA Requests

Nancy Studebaker-Barringer director at nileslibrary.net
Fri Apr 21 07:36:56 EDT 2017

We received the FOIA request from OpenTheBooks that has been much
discussed. We complied and sent info as requested. We use Quickbooks and it
to about 20 minutes for the bookkeeper to export a report and make a few
changes as requested. We have about 25 employees.

I don't understand why there is so much resistance to just responding to
the request. It seems some folks are spending more time trying to wiggle
out of it or outsmart the folks making the request - than it would take to
just comply and fulfill the information request.

I believe in the value of transparency in government- even when it's
inconvenient or uncomfortable for me and mine.

NSB
--
Sent from Gmail Mobile