[Michlib-l] 2017-2018 MiALA nominations open

Heather Ladiski ladiskih at mcls.org
Fri Apr 21 10:26:43 EDT 2017

This message is forwarded on behalf of the Michigan Academic Library Association nominations/elections committee. Excuse posting on multiple lists. Feel free to forward this information to anyone/group that may be interested in this information. Please send any questions to the nominations/elections committee at the contact information below.

Hi MiALA friends,

Spring is here, and so is the call for Nominations to serve in the Michigan Academic Library Association!

Leadership takes many forms within MiALA and this year, we are looking for nominations to Board positions, Section leadership positions, and Committee leadership positions. You probably know several colleagues who could do an excellent job of filling them - and don't be shy, we accept self-nominations too!  If you are new to academic librarianship in Michigan, it's okay.  We'd love to have you, and your fresh voice.

This year, nominations will extend through the Annual conference, followed by elections. Our new leadership will join the team on July 1, 2017.

There is a website with everything you ever wanted to know about MiALA elections at http://miala.org/election_central.php , but here are the basics:

Open positions

* Vice President/President-Elect,   Secretary,   Publicly Funded University Rep,   Private College Rep,   Community College Rep

* Administration section chair-elect,   AD section secretary,   AD section member-at-large (x2)

* Collections section chair-elect,   CL section secretary,   CL section member-at-large (x2)

* User Experience section chair-elect,   UX section secretary,  UX section member-at-large (x2)

* Advocacy Committee Chair,   Communications & Marketing Committee Chair,   Membership Committee Chair

If you are interested in running, or in nominating a colleague, please find the appropriate form on the Elections website (http://miala.org/election_central.php).  If you have any questions, please contact a member of Nominations/Elections committee (Rachel Minkin - minkinr at mail.lib.msu.edu<mailto:minkinr at mail.lib.msu.edu>, Suzanne Bernsten - bernss at lcc.edu<mailto:bernss at lcc.edu>, Angie Kelleher - kelleher at alma.edu<mailto:kelleher at alma.edu>).

Rachel M. Minkin
Head of Reference Services

Michigan State University Libraries
366 W. Circle Dr. (23)
East Lansing, MI 48824
517-884-0874

Past- President, Michigan Academic Library Association<http://www.miala.org/>
Michigan Academic Library Association (MiALA), a chapter of the Association of College and Research Libraries, welcomes all academic library personnel as well as students interested in pursuing academic library careers.

Heather M. Ladiski, CAP-OM
Executive Assistant
Midwest Collaborative for Library Services
1407 Rensen Street, Suite 1
Lansing, MI 48910-3657
800-530-9019 x133
Fax: 517-492-3885