[Michlib-l] Request for libraries converting from Tattle-Tape to RFID

Bruce MacDonald bmacdona at gmail.com
Sat Apr 22 16:39:54 EDT 2017

We were fortunate several years ago to score deals on used 3M Tattle-Tape
security equipment from public libraries in the Lower Peninsula that were
converting to RFID (thank you!). We are in a position where it would be
great to find another used 3M 3800 series security gate. Just thought I
would throw that out there in case there is one available. I'm keeping an
eye on eBay too, but would much rather deal with another library. We are
willing to pay a fair price for these used assets.

I also wanted to plant a seed that your tattle-tape equipment can find a
second life in libraries that are not making the jump to RFID.

Have a great spring!

Bruce A. MacDonald
Technical Services Librarian
Peter White Public Library