[Michlib-l] My Busy Green Garden: STEM Story Hour Kit & Giveaway

Lancaster, Catherine (MDE) LancasterC5 at michigan.gov
Tue Apr 25 13:52:51 EDT 2017

FYI – free downloadable resource for storytime.
**************************
Happy Spring ALSC Friends!

To give myself some green after this LONG New England winter, I created a STEM Story Hour Kit
for MY BUSY GREEN GARDEN by Terry Pierce and illustrated by Carol Swartz (Tilbury House).

"This action-filled cumulative rhyme deftly tells the story of a vibrant summer garden…building the narrative with a rhythmic cadence that flows delightfully, offers a rich vocabulary, and adds to the fluidity of the story…Meticulously realistic, lush paintings in garden-bright color...Repeated readings will be welcomed for the opportunities to look for the clever caterpillar and its changing chrysalis. A lovely literary and artistic rendering.”  —Kirkus Reviews

The FREE kit includes reproducible STEM Coloring Cards, STEM talking points, and a seed packet template to distribute seeds to make the mighty bees happy.

VIEW & DOWNLOAD THE STEM STORY HOUR KIT
http://www.curiouscitydpw.com/2017/04/25/green-garden-kit/

ENTER THE GIVEAWAY
(22 copies for Educators, Librarians & Literacy Organizations thru 5/8)
http://www.curiouscitydpw.com/2017/04/25/green-garden-giveaway/

It Is Not Easy Being Green,

Kirsten Cappy
Curious City