[Michlib-l] Video Game Booklet Question

Ashlee McClaughry (Roseville Public Library) amcclaughry at roseville-mi.gov
Tue Aug 15 14:53:00 EDT 2017

Hello,

I'm wondering what other libraries do with the booklets that come with some video games? We currently keep them behind the reference desk and patrons can ask for them to look at in the library. Nobody is really asking for them though.

I had thought about just including the booklet in with the game and marking that the item has 2 pieces for our clerks to check in Sirsi. Our Circulation Manager brought up a good point that if the booklet gets lost, how to do we charge the patron for the item since it doesn't feel right to charge a patron for a brand new game over a booklet, which I agree.

The other thought is to throw away the booklets since many people just go online to find what they need in the games.

Please contact me off list. I can put together all the responses I received for anyone interested. Thanks!

Ashlee McClaughry, Systems Librarian

Roseville Public Library

26777 Gratiot Ave.

Roseville, MI 48066