[Michlib-l] Solar Glasses: Safety & Reputable Vendors

Sharon Crotser-Toy scrotsertoy at gmail.com
Fri Aug 18 13:36:58 EDT 2017

Watervliet is hosting a viewing party, with live streaming (we hope!),
activities and make-and-takes. We started out with 1,000 glasses -- which
seemed an impossibly large amount, gave away a couple of hundred to other
libraries and have saved 100 for our party. All others were free to anyone
walking in the door, while supplies lasted (i.e, they've long since
disappeared!)

I confess I've been amazed at the interest we've had; didn't think we'd
ever dispense 500 let alone 1,000. Silly me!

-Sharon

On Fri, Aug 18, 2017 at 11:50 AM, Kathleen Dimond <
kdimond at manchesterlibrary.info> wrote:

> Manchester District Library is giving one pair to each card holder...
> ( we have precious few), we are also streaming the eclipse here at the
> library all of Monday.
>
> Kathy
>
> On Fri, Aug 18, 2017 at 9:11 AM, Alger Newberry <anewberry at thegdl.org>
> wrote:
> > Our library is lucky enough to have a community room that can
> accommodate 70
> > people so we decided to host a viewing party and project the NASA
> > live-stream of the eclipse inside on a big screen.  We advertised it on
> our
> > Facebook and also put up instructions on how to make pinhole cameras and
> box
> > eclipse viewers.  It's not necessarily the same thing, but it will
> work.  We
> > also are going to encourage those that come to the library with the
> glasses
> > to perhaps share with those that do not.  The eclipse isn't going to be
> > super fast, so sharing wouldn't hurt anyone . . . ;)
> >

> > Alger C. Newberry III, Business Librarian
> > Grand Blanc-McFarlen
> > 515 Perry Rd.
> > Grand Blanc, MI  48439
> > Phone: 810-694-5190
> > Fax: 810-694-5313
> > anewberry at thegdl.org
> > The opinions expressed here are my own and do not necessarily represent
> > those of the GDL.

Sharon Crotser-Toy
Director
*Watervliet District Library*
333 N. Main Street
Watervliet, MI 49098
269-463-6382

Connects People, Inspires Ideas, Transforms Lives