[Michlib-l] Michigan's State History Conference is less than one month away. Sign up today.

HSM Main hsm at hsmichigan.org
Tue Aug 29 15:59:11 EDT 2017

Before you know it,
it will be time for the 143rd Annual Meeting and State History Conference!
Sign up today to reserve your spot!

Registration Deadlines:

Standard Registration ends September 10

Late Registration begins September 11

Please Note:
Tour 1: Dutch-American Guided Tour is SOLD OUT.
Please call our office at (800) 692-1828 to be placed on the waiting list.

Tour 3: "Big Red" Lighthouse WILL include a tour inside the lighthouse, a
rarely offered opportunity.

<http://www.hsmichigan.org/wp-content/uploads/2014/07/State-History-Conferen
ce-flyer.pdf>

Friday, Saturday, and Sunday, September 22-24, 2017 . Holland, Michigan

<http://www.hsmichigan.org/wp-content/uploads/2014/07/State-History-Conferen
ce-flyer.pdf> Download the conference brochure for more information and
session descriptions.

<http://www.hsmichigan.org/conferences/annual-state-history-conference/onlin
e-registration/> Go to online registration.

This year's State History Conference offers.

.         Four keynotes.

o   Fatal Crossing: The Disappearance of Flight 2501

o   Jazz 'Em Up Michigan

o   Flexing West Michigan's Wartime Muscle: The Other Half of Democracy's
Arsenal

o   Welkom to West Michigan

.         12 breakout sessions, 4 workshops, and 4 tours

.         President's Reception, State History Awards Banquet, and Closing
Banquet

.         Exhibitors/vendors for attendees to visit

.         Networking opportunities

The 143rd Annual Meeting and State History Conference will be held in
Holland, September 22-24, 2017. The main sessions of the conference will
take place at the Haworth Inn & Conference Center . Hope College, and other
events will be held at exciting venues throughout the city, including the
Holland Museum.

This conference celebrates all aspects of Michigan's history and offers a
close-up look at the heritage of the host area. The State History Awards
will also be presented during the conference.

  _____

  _____

The Historical Society of Michigan is our state's oldest cultural
organization, founded in 1828 by territorial governor Lewis Cass and
explorer Henry Schoolcraft. A nongovernmental nonprofit, the Society focuses
on publications, conferences, education, awards and recognition programming,
and support for local history organizations to preserve and promote
Michigan's rich history.

  _____

For more information on the Historical Society of Michigan, please visit
<http://www.hsmichigan.org/> www.hsmichigan.org or e-mail us at
<mailto:hsm at hsmichigan.org> hsm at hsmichigan.org.

  _____

The Historical Society of Michigan

5815 Executive Dr. . Lansing, MI 48911

Phone: (517) 324-1828 . FAX: (517) 324-4370

<http://www.hsmichigan.org/wp-content/uploads/2014/07/State-History-Conferen
ce-flyer.pdf> Download the conference brochure for more information and
session descriptions.

<http://www.hsmichigan.org/conferences/annual-state-history-conference/onlin
e-registration/> Go to online registration.

Come to hear these great sessions and more!

Grist for the Mill: The DeZwaan Windmill

1967: The Grand Rapids Uprising

Tiptoeing Through the Tulips

Finding Home: The Settlement of Chief Waukazoo's Band

150 Years of History and Hope

Saugatuck: Creating the Art Coast of Michigan

A Dark Journey: Native-American Removal

Crafting an Industry: Holland's Boat Builders

Muskegon's Boogie Woogie Bugle Boy

Millennial Visions and Earthly Pursuits: The Israelite House of David

Sizzle and Scandal: The Holland Furnace Company

This e-mail is sent to our members and friends to keep you updated on
historical activities and opportunities to learn more about our state's
history. To opt-out, please respond to this e-mail with "remove" in the
subject line.